Ferrous Proximity Sensor Alternative
MAGNASPHERE’S most unique feature is its ability to act as a stand-alone ferrous proximity sensor (no magnet actuator required). Because the spherical contact is a magnet, the MAGNASPHERE switch can be actuated by the presence of ferrous metal (i.e. an external magnet is not required). This unique feature allows the MAGNASPHERE switch to be utilized as the lowest cost ferrous proximity sensor available. This capability is not possible with stand-alone reed or Hall Effect switches. Utilizing MAGNASPHERE’s ferrous proximity capability with a ferrous metal ball, in a contained housing, a low cost, low jitter, non-mercury tilt switch can be configured.
- Only stand-alone technology to function as a ferrous proximity sensor. (Reeds and Halls need a biasing magnet)
- Lowest cost ferrous prox sensor available
- Can be packaged as direct replacement for inductive prox
- Spherical contact is a MAGNET
- Responds to ferrous metal
- Air gaps up to .125″